About Stephanie Holt
Founder, Director of Skills Mastery and English Education Consultant
Stephanie Holt has worked in education for over ten years. She is the Director and Founder of SkillsMastery, as well as the English Consultancy: Stephanie Holt Education. As an Advanced Skills Teacher of English, she helped with an academy’s journey from failing school to Outstanding for 5 years. An SLE for the Hull Local Authority, she supported schools in Special Measures and in circumstances improve at GCSE through support of middle leaders; implementation, support and evaluation of intervention; implementation of whole school policy for assessment, homework, writing and Pupil Premium; as well as teaching specific groups of students with behavioural, SEN or other intervention needs. In this role she also trained teachers in subject knowledge, assessment, challenging circumstances behaviour, preparing for examinations, curriculum and using data to plan for progress. She has also been supporting intervention in grammar, spelling and punctuation in the primary setting.
She conducts English Consultancy as Stephanie Holt Education, SkillsMastery and for NATE (National Association of Teaching English), CTC Consulting and Training and Creative Education.
For further details https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephanieholteducation
Stephanie offers the following English Consultancy services:
- literacy reviews (whole school and across key stages)
- English Department reviews
- implementation, analysis and evaluation of processes within the English Department
- in-service training
- support and training of middle leaders in English
- intervention reviews
Improving Teaching and Learning
- embedding Literacy and Numeracy across the curriculum
- every teacher a literacy teacher
- embedding writing at length across the curriculum
- effective differentiation
- challenging the More Able Student – KS2, 3, 4 and 5
- assessment for Learning
- planning for learning
- using data effectively in planning
Subject Specific Pedagogy
- Can’t Write Won’t Write – boys’ writing at KS3
- Success at GCSE English Language
- Reading Intervention at the classroom level
- Setting up effective intervention
- Creative writing for the more able student
- Using grammar creatively
- Success at A level English Language
- Using data for progress
- Mastery teaching in Literacy
- Using Grammar to help writing at KS2
- Secondary Ready
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Pupils Premium review and implementation
- Homework or Extended Learning review and implementation
Training can be delivered as part of a half-day or one-day package and is planned with your school’s needs and context in mind.
If you would like more details on the in-service training please do not hesitate to contact her using the form provided or via the contact page.
Along with developing and writing the Literacy course for SkillsMastery – Stephanie Holt has developed a training offering to help maximise the best use of the product.
For more details, please do not hesitate to contact Stephanie using the form provided or via the contact page.